Creamy Deviled Egg Pasta Salad Recipe: The Best of Two Worlds by Donna John
If you love deviled eggs and pasta salad, sit down. Ready? This easy deviled egg pasta salad recipe combines both those flavors into one creamy side dish that will get lots of recipe requests. So you don't have to make deviled eggs and pasta salad this weekend at your Easter family get-together. Perfect!
The deviled egg pasta salad starts is made with hard-boiled eggs, elbow macaroni (or your favorite pasta), mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, smoked paprika, ground cayenne (optional), chopped red onion and chopped green onions. All the flavors of egg salad and deviled eggs! The ingredients are mixed together and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 23 to 25 minutes
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or other small pasta (I used cavatappi)
- 3/4 - 1 cup mayonnaise (depends on how creamy you want it)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion,
- 3 green onions, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pasta according to packages directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Put the egg whites in a large bowl. In another bowl, mash the egg yolks.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, paprika and cayenne to the egg yolks. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the green onions and red onion to the egg whites.
- Stir the mayonnaise mixture and pasta into the egg white mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.