3-Ingredient Blueberry Muffin Recipe Has a Crazy Ingredient (But It Works) by 30Seconds Food
Muffin much? Well, we have an interesting muffin recipe for you. When Brunch With Babs posted this fun three-ingredient blueberry muffin recipe on TikTok, it went viral. Now we know why! The three-ingredient blueberry muffin recipe has an interesting and secret ingredient: melted vanilla ice cream. Hey, why not? If you can make melted ice cream pancakes and melted ice cream quick bread, why not muffins, too?
Starting with melted vanilla ice cream and ending with fresh blueberries, this easy and delicious muffin recipe is just perfect for snacking or a quick grab-and-go breakfast. And blueberries are loaded with health benefits! Here is your shopping list for this moist blueberry muffin: vanilla ice cream, self-rising flour, fresh blueberries and optional lemon zest.
This is a fun baking recipe to make with the kids. Let them mix up the batter, fill the muffin tins and watch that melted ice cream turn into a moist muffin. Store the muffins in an airtight container.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 33 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 43 minutes
Servings: Makes 6 muffins
- 1 1/3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened (be generous)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- Try other flavors of ice cream like cinnamon, French vanilla or vanilla bean.
- If you're a cinnamon lover, add some ground cinnamon to the batter.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the softened ice cream (consistency of soft serve ice cream), flour and lemon zest, if using, in a bowl. Mix until almost combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture (about 1/4 per muffin) into greased muffin tins (you could also line them with baking liners). Bake in a preheat 375-degree F oven for about 30 to 33 minutes.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.