Pickled Ginger Recipe: How to Make Sushi Ginger at Home in 3 Easy Steps by 30Seconds Food
Who doesn't love the pickled ginger that comes with sushi rolls to help cleanse your palate? Now you can make it at home. This easy pickled ginger recipe has just four ingredients and really is simple to make. The recipe can be easily doubled.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 13 minutes
- 1 pound fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Slice the peeled ginger roots into very thin slices. Put them into a bowl. Add the salt and toss to coat. Let them sit for about 1 hour. After an hour, pat the ginger dry with paper towels and put them into a clean bowl.
- Combine the rice wine vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the vinegar mixture over the ginger. Let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the ginger and lay them onto clean paper towels, then squeeze out as much liquid as you can before placing them in a jar. Store the jar in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Mason Jars $5 & Up
Paper Towels $3 & Up
Japanese Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.