20-Minute Lemon Chicken Stir-fry Recipe Is the Real Deal for Dinner by Donna John
Stir fry recipes are great for busy weeknight meals. This lemon chicken stir-fry recipe is super easy to make and just plain good. Who doesn't love lemon and chicken? So simple. And this easy chicken dinner on the table in about 20 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights.
The recipe is made with onion, green onion, garlic, boneless chicken breast, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Simple ingredients. The onion and green onion are cooked in a skillet or wok until soft before adding the garlic. The bite-sized chicken pieces are added in next and cooked through. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. The last step is adding the lemon zest and lemon juice. Garnish with chopped green onions and the winner dinner is ready to be served.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces (I used thighs)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 - 3 tablespoons lemon juice (start with 2 and add more, if needed)
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and green onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned and almost cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is done, about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Garnish with the chopped green onions.
- I used low-sodium soy sauce in this recipe.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice for this recipe. Fresh is always best.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.4g
Saturated Fat: 4.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 4.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 1.7g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.