One-Pot Pasta Primavera Recipe With Goat Cheese Is Chef Gale Gand's 20-Minute Masterpiece by Gale Gand
In just 20 minutes you can have a bowl of creamy pasta with a tangy goat cheese sauce. No joke! This easy pasta primavera recipe is easy enough for a Monday night, and impressive enough for a dinner party with friends.
The tang of the goat cheese makes this easy pasta recipe extra special. Throw a salad together (maybe a Caesar salad?) and don't forget the garlic bread!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 to 3
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 - 4 cups water
- 5 stalks asparagus, ends cut off and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 crown broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 ounces goat cheese, broken up
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- grinds of black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the pasta, salt and water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue to cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the asparagus and broccoli and cook, stirring, until bright green and almost crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the peas and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring.
- Test the pasta for doneness and if it’s still very toothie add another 1/2 cup water and boil a few more minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the goat cheese, cream, basil, lemon zest and pepper until the goat cheese is completely melted.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Serve in bowls garnished with more basil and a lemon wedge.
Chef Gale Gand's finished one-pot farfalle with goat cheese recipe.
Photo (main): Elaine Thomas
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Farfalle $2 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Saucepans $10 & Up
Pasta Bowls $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.