You're Bacon Me Crazy Macaroni & Cheese Recipe: A Creamy, 20-Minute, One-Pot Mac & Cheese Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 - 7 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 bag (16 ounces) rotini, elbow macaroni or cavatappi (or your favorite pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a large pot until crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove to a paper towel. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Add the flour and cook, whisking, about 30 seconds.
- Add the water and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the pasta, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook about 10 to 11 minutes or until pasta is tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the cheese and stir until smooth. If you want a thinner sauce, add a little more milk.
- Stir in the bacon. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Pots $10 & Up
Rotini Pasta $1 & Up
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Cavatappi $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Whisks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.