One-Pot Creamy Bacon Macaroni & Cheese Recipe: This Stovetop Mac & Cheese Recipe Is What Your Family Craves for Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Bacon, cheese and pasta? Oh, my! This easy bacon macaroni and cheese recipe cooks in one pot, so it's easier cleanup and is ready in about 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 - 7 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 bag (16 ounces) rotini, elbow macaroni or cavatappi (or your favorite pasta)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a large pot until crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove to a paper towel. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
- Add the flour and cook, whisking, about 30 seconds.
- Add the water and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the pasta, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook about 10 to 11 minutes or until pasta is tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the cheese and stir until smooth. If you want a thinner sauce, add a little more milk.
- Stir in the bacon. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Pots $10 & Up
Rotini Pasta $1 & Up
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Cavatappi $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Whisks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.