Best Peach Blueberry Crisp Recipe: This Delicious Blueberry Peach Crisp Recipe Is Like Summer in a Bowl by Elisa Schmitz
After the success of the rhubarb strawberry crisp I made for my husband on our anniversary, his next request was a peach blueberry crisp. Yes, he sure loves his summer fruits! Taking advantage of summer's bounty of fresh peaches and blueberries, I came up with an easy, delicious blueberry peach crisp recipe that's bursting with summer flavors. It looks and feels (and smells and tastes) like you're serving summer in a bowl, and we can't get enough of it.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
- 6 large ripe peaches, sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 5 - 6 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or the juice from about half a lemon)
- 4 tablespoons flour (I used gluten-free flour)
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats, not instant (I used gluten-free oats)
- 1 cup flour (I used gluten-free flour)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup softened (not melted) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Here's how to make it:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine peaches, blueberries and lemon juice, and stir gently. Add 4 tablespoons flour and 4 tablespoons white sugar to the mixture, and stir gently to coat fruit.
Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and pecans and walnuts (if using), and stir.
Using a fork or an electric mixer on low speed (or using your hands, which is how I did it), blend the butter into the mix until the dry ingredients are moist and the mixture is combined (it will be crumbly).
Layer the topping over the fruit so it covers it entirely. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes.
The fruit will be bubbling and the topping should turn golden brown.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (this recipe reheats beautifully, so no worries about the leftovers).
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.