This Famous Copycat Macaroni & Cheese Recipe Is Not Your Ordinary Mac & Cheese by Donna John
Chick-fil-a describes their macaroni and cheese as "a classic macaroni and cheese recipe featuring a special blend of cheeses including Parmesan, cheddar and Romano. Baked in-restaurant to form a crispy top layer of baked cheese." As usual, Chick-fil-a did a wonderful job on their macaroni and cheese recipe. The side dish is creamy with a depth of flavor that many macaroni and cheese recipes lack.
Here's a copycat version of Chick-fil-a's macaroni and cheese recipe that comes pretty darn close to the creamy one served in the restaurants. The mac and cheese is baked in a 13x9-inch baking pan, so it makes quite a bit. You could easily cut this copycat recipe is half.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked to al dente in salted water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) grated American cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the cream into a large pot. Over low heat, add the American, Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Cook, stirring, until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Stir in the cooked pasta. Pour the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Top with the sharp cheddar cheese.
- Broil for a few minutes or until the cheese begins to turn light brown.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Large Pots $10 & Up
Chick-fil-a Sauces $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.