Golden Fried Clam Strips Recipe: This Easy Fried Clams Recipe Is Crunchy & Addictive by 30Seconds Food
What is it about clam strips? Done right, this fried seafood is tender and just plain hard to stop eating. If you've never fried clams at home, relax. It's easy! Serve this fried clam strips recipe with tartar sauce, seafood sauce, remoulade sauce and lemon wedges.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn flour or cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 2 pounds clam strips or clam bellies (or a combination)
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a pot or deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Combine both flours. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, add the buttermilk, egg and hot sauce, if using.
- Dip the clams into the milk/egg mixture and then into the flour. Immediately drop them into the oil (do not overcrowd). Fry until golden brown and crisp, about 1 minute. Remove to paper towels and season with a little salt. Repeat with remaining clams.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.