Refreshing Lemon Lamingtons Recipe: Discover These Sweet Cake Squares From Australia by 30Seconds Food
A lamington is a dessert popular in Australia. Cake squares are dipped in chocolate and then rolled in flaked coconut. Yum! How could this easy lemon lamington recipe not be refreshing and delicious?
There are many variations of this lemon dessert using different dips and some even put jams or jelly inside the cake. Here's our take on lemon lamingtons.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn flour, sifted (use a sifter or a fine mesh strainer)
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup jarred lemon curd or homemade lemon curd
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 cups flaked coconut
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the self-rising flour, all-purpose flour and corn flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a square baking pan that's been lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 minutes. Let the cake cool a few minutes before inverting it onto a plate. Cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the lemon curd, powdered sugar, lemon juice and hot water. Mix well. Put the coconut into a small bowl.
- Cut the cooled cake into squares. Dip the squares into the lemon curd mixture and then roll in the coconut. Let them sit to firm up before serving.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Square Baking Pans $5 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Corn Flour $5 & Up
Self-Rising Flour $3 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Lemon Curd $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Flaked Coconut $2 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Sifters $6 & Up
Mesh Strainers $5 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.