Peruvian Lomo Saltado Recipe: A Traditional Beef Stir-fry Recipe From Peru (Served With Fries!) by 30Seconds Food
Ready for a little Peruvian food in your life? Lomo saltado is a traditional Peruvian stir-fry dish with beef, onions, tomatoes and herbs. This classic Peruvian recipe is served with french fries and rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 ají amarillo pepper or habanero, ribs and seeds removed and sliced (wear gloves when handling these peppers)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- cooked white rice
- cooked french fries
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the sliced steak and allow it to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Remove the steak from the marinade and cook over high heat until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato and cook about 1 more minute.
- Pour in the beef stock. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add the cilantro and oregano. Stir to combine. Serve with rice and french fries.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Vinegar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.