Peruvian Lomo Saltado Recipe: A Traditional Beef Stir-fry Recipe From Peru (Served With Fries!) by 30Seconds Food
Ready for a little Peruvian food in your life? Lomo saltado is a traditional Peruvian stir-fry dish with beef, onions, tomatoes and herbs. This classic Peruvian recipe is served with french fries and rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 ají amarillo pepper or habanero, ribs and seeds removed and sliced (wear gloves when handling these peppers)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- cooked white rice
- cooked french fries
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Add the sliced steak and allow it to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Remove the steak from the marinade and cook over high heat until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato and cook about 1 more minute.
- Pour in the beef stock. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add the cilantro and oregano. Stir to combine. Serve with rice and french fries.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Vinegar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.