Lusciously Easy Lemon Bars Recipe Is How to Refresh This Weekend by 30Seconds Food
Mention lemons and many automatically think of lemon bars. Lemon bars are the iconic lemon dessert. Tart and luscious, they are the perfect ending to a perfect day, and the perfect recipe to bake this weekend (or any day). This is the easiest lemon bar recipe you'll find – unless you buy a pre-made mix.
The crust for these lemon bars is made with flour, butter and powdered sugar. The crust is pressed into a square baking pan and baked in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. The lemon filling is a sweet mixture of eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and lemon zest. The sweet, tart and creamy filling is poured over the crust and baked another 25 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and add some fresh berries and you have a winning lemon dessert or sweet snack.
Make a batch of these easy lemon bars and brighten someone's day!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Fresh is always best, especially in lemon desserts, so squeeze fresh lemon juice.
- Garnish the lemon bars with powdered sugar, fresh berries and/or lemon zest.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, butter and powdered sugar until it is fully combined. Press into the bottom of a square baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
- To make the filling, beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk together well. Pour the mixture over the crust. Bake another 25 minutes or until golden. Cool. Dust with powdered sugar and then cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 10.2g
Saturated Fat: 6.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 32.9g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Total Sugars: 23.2g
Vitamin D: 9mcg4
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.