Luscious Lemon Bars Recipe: Pucker Up for a Bite of These Easy Lemon Bars by 30Seconds Food
Lemon bars are the iconic lemon dessert. Tart and luscious, they are the perfect ending to a perfect day, and the perfect recipe to bake to welcome spring. This is the easiest lemon bar recipe you'll find – unless you buy a pre-made mix.
The crust for these lemon bars is made with flour, butter and powdered sugar. The crust is pressed into a square baking pan and baked in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. The lemon filling is a sweet mixture of eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and lemon zest. The sweet, tart and creamy filling is poured over the crust and baked another 25 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and add some fresh berries and you have a winning lemon dessert.
Make a batch of these easy lemon bars and brighten someone's day!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 cup flour
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- powdered sugar
- fresh berries
- lemon zest
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, butter and powdered sugar until it is fully combined. Press into the bottom of a square baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
- To make the filling, beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk together well. Pour the mixture over the crust. Bake another 25 minutes or until golden. Cool. Dust with powdered sugar and then cut into bars.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Square Baking Pans $8 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.