Margarita Cupcakes Recipe With Lime Frosting: A Boozy Cupcake for National Margarita Day by 30Seconds Food
You had us at margaritas. This fun margarita cupcake recipe with creamy lime frosting is what we need in our lives right now. Especially today, because it's National Margarita Day! (And who says you have to drink it?)
The easy margarita cupcakes start with a box of lemon cake mix. Add water, vegetable oil, tequila (of course!), orange zest, lime zest, eggs and lime gelatin, and you've created a batter that's loaded with great flavors. While the cupcakes bake, make the lime frosting by beating together butter, powdered sugar, lime juice, lime zest and a dash of salt. Frost the cooled cupcakes and you're done.
Whether you're celebrating a special occasion, or just need to indulge your sweet tooth, how could you not smile while eating one of these delicious desserts? Cheers!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tequila (you could substitute water)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 box (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 sticks butter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- dash of salt
- green food coloring (optional)
- lime slices
- lime zest
Here's how to make it:
- To make the cupcakes, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Line 24 muffin cups with baking liners. Divide the batter evenly between the cups.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
- To make the frosting, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. You can add more powdered sugar, if needed, to reach desired consistency.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with the icing. Garnish with a slice of lime and some lime zest.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Baking Liners $4 & Up
Lemon Cake Mix $2 & Up
Lime Gelatin $1 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Food Coloring $3 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.