Panda Express Orange Chicken Copycat Recipe: 30-Minute Orange Chicken Recipe Takes a Shortcut by 30Seconds Food
This copycat Panda Express orange chicken recipe has a cool shortcut: frozen popcorn chicken. Why not? Kids love popcorn chicken, so they may be more inclined to try something new if an ingredient they recognize is in the mix.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen popcorn chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame, thawed (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the chicken according to package directions.
- While the chicken cooks, heat the oil in a skillet. Add the carrots and edamame, if using, and cook about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the zest, juice, hoisin sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat. Serve with rice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Orange Juice $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.