Easy Stuffed Peppers Recipe: The Best Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers by Donna John
Cubanelle peppers, also know as Italian frying peppers, are a sweet pepper and perfect for stuffing. After picking several huge cubanelles from my garden and remembering the leftover chicken in the fridge, this recipe came to life. If you can't find cubanelles, bell peppers or poblano peppers would be equally as tasty. Corn, black beans, cilantro or chopped jalapeno could be added to the filling.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 large cubanelles, bell peppers or poblano peppers, cut in half and seeds and ribs removed (I used one red and one green cubanelle)
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced fire-roasted tomatoes (I used fire-roasted tomatoes with garlic)
- 2 - 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used chicken breast leftover from my roasted chicken)
- 3 - 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese (divided)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the chicken, green onions, 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack and half the can of the tomatoes (spoon out half the tomatoes and leave the juice in the can). Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the remaining tomatoes and their juice onto the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place the peppers on top of the tomatoes.
- Stuff the chicken mixture into the pepper halves. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and top with the remaining cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Dishes $10 & Up
Cubanelle Pepper Seeds $2 & Up
Fire Roasted Tomatoes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.