3-Ingredient Roasted Chicken Recipe: Why Morton Is Always Invited to Baked Chicken Night by Donna John
You know how some tastes take you back to childhood? My mom used Morton Nature's Seasoning on almost everything. This seasoning blend found its way onto my roasted chicken one day, and now it's my favorite way to roast chicken, whether whole or pieces. Be generous when you season the chicken – you want that intense flavor when you take a bite of that crispy skin. What's your favorite way to season roasted chicken? Tell us in the comments section below.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 whole chicken, 1 whole chicken cut in half or 6 - 8 bone-in chicken pieces
- Morton Nature's Seasonings
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken into a baking pan.
- Sprinkle both sides liberally with the Morton Nature's Seasonings.
- Drizzle both sides with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until chicken is cooked through, 40 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes depending on if the chicken is whole, cut in half or in pieces.
- Once chicken is cooked through, increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F and cook until skin gets very crisp (watch closely!), about 5 minutes.
Variation: Put sliced onions on the bottom of the pan. Season and put the chicken on top. Bake as directed above.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Morton Nature's Seasonings $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chicken Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.