10-Minute Cucumber Avocado Salad Recipe: The Best Recipe You Could Make Tonight by 30Seconds Food
"Whoever said 'simple is best' was talking about this chopped salad for sure!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "It’s such a simple one, yet it’s also one of the tastiest combos I’ve recently eaten. The crisp fresh cucumbers combined with creamy rich avocado pieces then drizzled in a tangy flavorful homemade dressing. The best thing you could make tonight!"
Serve this tangy cucumber and avocado salad as a side dish with chicken, beef, pork, lamb or seafood. Or serve it as a light vegetarian lunch or dinner. This is best eaten right away, as avocados do turn brown quickly.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, tamari or Bragg's liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 ripe, but firm, avocados, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 4 garden cucumbers, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted cashews
- fresh lemon or lime wedges, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a small jar add all of the dressing ingredients. Shake vigorously to emulsify or whisk dressing ingredients together really well in a small bowl.
- Put the vegetables into a into a salad bowl.
- Drizzle the veggies with the dressing and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with coarsely chopped cashews.
Photo courtesy of Clean Food Crush®.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Red Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Coconut Aminos $4 & Up
Bragg's Liquid Aminos $5 & Up
Tamari $3 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Maple Syrup $5 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Cashews $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.