Make This Easy Margarita Ice Cream Recipe Right Now Because It's 5 O'clock Somewhere by 30Seconds Food
Margarita ice cream is cool, creamy, tart, boozy and just what you need this summer. This easy margarita ice cream recipe turns any hour of the day into happy hour.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 6 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks in a bowl.
- Heat the milk in a saucepot over low heat until it's just about to simmer. Add a little of the heated milk to the egg mixture to temper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the milk, whisking constantly, until combined. Cook over medium-low heat until it thickens, about 5 to 6 minutes (do not boil).
- Turn off the heat and add the cream, tequila, Grand Marnier, lime juice and lime zest. Allow the mixture to cool completely. (You can make this a day ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.)
- Pour the cooled mixture into an ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer's directions.
- To serve, spoon into margarita glasses or bowls. Garnish with lime zest.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.