4-Ingredient Pan-Seared Butter Cod Recipe Is on the Table in 15 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
This pan-seared seasoned cod filets basted in butter recipe is a quick weekday meal. Experiment with different seasoning blends to keep dinner fresh and exciting.
This easy cod fish recipe is on the table in about 15 minutes. Seriously. Easy and delicious? Yes, please!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds cod filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 - 2 teaspoons dry seasoning blend of choice or salt and pepper (try this Greek seasoning recipe)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the fish with salt and pepper or dry seasoning blend.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the fish, skin side down, reduce heat to medium and cook about 5 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Carefully flip the fish over. Add the butter to the pan. Continue to cook, basting with the butter, until fish is cooked through.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Dry Seasoning Blends $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Fish Spatulas $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.