Grandma's Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe Is Served Warm From the Oven In About 40 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Love homemade dinner rolls like Grandma made, but think it takes all day to make and bake them? This easy yeast dinner roll recipe is just like the fresh-baked rolls you remember, in a fraction of the time.
Prep Time: 28 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes about 15 rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 - 4 cups flour
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the water, oil, sugar and yeast in a bowl. Let it sit until it begins to bubble, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the egg, butter and salt. Stir to combine.
- Slowly start adding in the flour about 1 cup at a time until a soft dough forms. Put onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into about 15 pieces and roll them into balls. Place them in a greased baking pan. Cover and allow them to rise at least 10 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until brown on top. Brush the tops with butter.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.