Tortellini With Tomato Cream Sauce Recipe: This Creamy Pasta Recipe Is on the Table in 20 Minutes by Donna John
Who has time for complicated recipes on busy nights? This easy pasta recipe has a rich tomato cream sauce and is ready to roll in about 20 minutes. Use tortellini, ravioli or your favorite pasta.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 packages fresh tortellini or ravioli, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, basil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream. Cook about 5 minutes more. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle the sauce over the cooked pasta. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Dried Basil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.