20-Minute Tortellini Recipe With Tomato Cream Sauce: A Creamy, Quick & Tasty Pasta Recipe for Busy Nights by Donna John
Who has time for complicated recipes on busy nights? This easy pasta recipe has a rich tomato cream sauce and is ready to roll in about 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 packages fresh tortellini or ravioli, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, basil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream. Cook about 5 minutes more. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle the sauce over the cooked pasta. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Dried Basil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.