Creamy Vanilla Chai Ice Cream Recipe: An Irresistible Ice Cream Flavor You Need to Try by 30Seconds Food
Imagine the flavors of chai tea infused into a rich, creamy vanilla ice cream. Chai tea bags flavor the ice cream, with the help of vanilla and cinnamon. Delish!
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 - 6 chai tea bags
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the half and half and cream into a saucepot. Heat until almost simmering (do not let it simmer). Turn off the heat and add the chai tea bags. Let it steep for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the egg yolks and sugar into a bowl and whisk until they are smooth and light yellow.
- Remove the tea bags and reheat the mixture (do not let it boil). Add about a 1/2 cup of the cream mixture into the eggs to temper, the pour them into the cream. Cook until it thickens and will coat a spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Add the vanilla. Let the mixture cool then refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Pour the chilled ice cream into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ice Cream Makers $25 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
Chai Tea Bags $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.