Buttery Bread Pudding Recipe With Decadent Bourbon Sauce Is the Ultimate Weekend Baking Therapy by 30Seconds Food
Weekends were made for baking, and this buttery bread pudding recipe with decadent bourbon sauce is the ultimate weekend baking therapy.
One word: OMG. This easy bread pudding recipe with bourbon sauce is as sweet as it can be – but sometimes you need a little sweet in your life. This bread pudding is amazing and totally worth the splurge, especially during the holiday season or to welcome the New Year.
The best part about this delicious dessert recipe is that it's super simple to make. With just 15 minutes of simple prep, the hardest part will be waiting for this sweet treat to finish baking in the oven! We're pretty sure you'll want a slice of this crazy baked deliciousness for breakfast or as part of brunch, too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Put the bread cubes into a large mixing bowl. Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to soak about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 1 hour.
- To make the bourbon sauce, melt the butter and sugar together in a sauce pot. Add the egg and whisk to combine. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the bourbon and vanilla.
- To serve, spoon the bread pudding into serving bowls and top with the bourbon sauce.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
3-Quart Casserole Dishes $9 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.