The Best Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe Has a Refreshing Secret Ingredient by Donna John
The egg salad recipe is made with hardboiled eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice (secret ingredient), Worcestershire sauce, minced celery, minced green onions and fresh chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley. Season the mixture well with salt and pepper and get ready to enjoy every bite.
Serve this creamy egg salad recipe as a sandwich filling or over lettuce. For some heat, add a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes. This is a great meal-prep recipe. Pack it in meal prep containers with fresh vegetables, cubed cheese and fresh fruit.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: approximately 9 to 10 minutes to cook eggs
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes about 4 sandwiches
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise)
- 2 - 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (secret ingredient)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stalk celery, minced fine
- 2 green onions, minced fine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.