Easy Lemon Pasta Recipe: This Zesty Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Recipe Is Loaded With Lemon for Extra Flavor by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
My daughter gave me half an hour's notice that she would be arriving home from college, and she was starving. What did I have for her to eat? Wanting to give her a savory homemade meal, I looked around for what I could make in less than half an hour. I came up with this flavorful Mediterranean tuna pasta that's loaded with lemon for extra flavor. It was ready and waiting by the time she rolled in. And best of all, she loved it and asked for the recipe! So here it is.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 box (12 ounces) rotini pasta (I used Barilla gluten-free rotini)
- 1 large can (12 ounces) tuna in water (I used Starkist tuna)
- 1 can (8.5 ounces) sweet peas (I used Del Monte sweet peas)
- juice of 1 - 2 lemons, depending on size and according to taste (I used one and a half medium lemons, including some pulp)
- 3 - 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I used Bertolli extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean seasoning (I used Weber)
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
Here's how to make it:
Cook the pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, mix olive oil, Mediterranean seasonings, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the tuna and peas, stir to combine.
Drain pasta and let cool for a minute or two. Add cooked pasta to the bowl and toss everything together. Serve and top with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rotini Pasta $1 & Up
Barilla Gluten-Free Rotini $3 & Up
Tuna in Water (12 Ounces) $2 & Up
Starkist Tuna $2 & Up
Sweet Peas $1 & Up
Del Monte Sweet Peas $1 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil $5 & Up
Mediterranean Seasoning $4 & Up
Weber Seasonings $5 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Ground Pepper $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.