Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe With Lemon Icing Is a Unlikely Pairing – But It Works by 30Seconds Food
Add more powdered sugar to make the icing as thick as you want it. You could also cut the cake in half and fill the inside then frost the top. Your call but, either way, this is an amazing dessert recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- yellow food coloring (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- To make the cake, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and mix with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes. Carefully add the boiling water and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 13x-9-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool slightly then invert onto a serving platter. Cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine the butter, lemon juice, vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add the yellow food coloring to achieve desired color, if using. (Add more powdered sugar, if needed, to get the right frosting consistency.)
- Frost the cooled cake.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.