Greek Lemon Rice Recipe: Think Outside of the Box With This Lemony Greek Rice Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Greek seasonings, lemon and garlic flavor this easy lemon rice rice. After you taste the bright flavors and see how easy it is to make, you may reconsider that premade flavored box of rice in the pantry.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan. Add the rice and onion and cook until rice is toasted and onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and Greek seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley and crushed red pepper flakes. Cover and allow rice to sit about 5 minutes. Fluff and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
Greek Seasoning $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Long Grain White Rice $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.