Pork Carnitas Omelette Recipe: This Easy Omelet Recipe Has a Southwest Twist by Donna John
After having an amazing pork carnitas omelette at one of my favorite brunch restaurants, I had to recreate it at home. This easy carnitas omelette recipe is a fun way to use leftover pork.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 eggs
- shredded cooked pork carnitas or other leftover pork
- pickled red onions
- sliced avocado
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Green Chile Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chiles (from a small can)
- cotija cheese
- pico de gallo or chopped tomatoes
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- salsa verde
Here's how to make it:
- To make the green chile sauce, mix together the sour cream and chopped green onions in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Beat well. Pour the eggs into a small nonstick pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Stop stirring and let the eggs continue to cook until almost set.
- Add the pork, pickled onions, sliced avocado and cheeses.
- Carefully fold the the eggs over to create the omelette. Slide it onto a plate.
- Top with the green chile sauce, cotija cheese, pico de gallo and salsa verde.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Nonstick Frying Pans $10 & Up
Omelette Pans $10 & Up
Spatulas $5 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Salsa Verde $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.