Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Nuggets Recipe: An Addictive Appetizer or Chicken Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Chicken nuggets wrapped in bacon were made for Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day and weekend snacking. This easy chicken appetizer recipe cooks in the oven, freeing up space on your grill for burgers, steaks or that smoked pork butt.
You probably already have all the ingredients you need in your kitchen for these chicken nuggets: boneless chicken breast, bacon, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and barbecue sauce. The chicken breast is cut into nuggets, seasoned, wrapped in partially cooked bacon and baked in the oven until cooked through. You can baste the nuggets with the barbecue sauce as they bake or serve them "naked" with the sauce on the side.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 16 pieces)
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Lay the bacon onto a grill pan or baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 5 minutes or until it is halfway done (not crisp). Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika. Wrap a piece of bacon around each and secure with a toothpick, if needed.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp.
- Barbecue sauce options: You can brush the chicken as it cooks with the barbecue sauce or heat it and serve as a dip on the side.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.