Caprese Portobello Mushrooms Recipe Will Transport You to the Mediterranean by 30Seconds Food
Meaty portobello mushrooms combine perfectly with fresh tomatoes, salty kalamata olives and gooey mozzarella cheese. This easy portobello mushroom recipe has all those Mediterranean flavors and is a simple light lunch, vegetarian dinner or healthy appetizer.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 6 portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil leaves, julienned
- arugula leaves, for serving
- balsamic vinegar, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the portobello mushrooms onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chopped garlic over the top and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from the oven and top with the tomato slices, olives, basil leaves and cheese. Bake about 8 to 10 minutes more or until vegetables are soft and cheese has melted. Garnish with arugula and drizzle with balsamic before serving, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.