Easy German Potato Pancakes Recipe: This German Kartoffelpuffer Recipe Is Delish by 30Seconds Food
Crispy, soft and just fun to eat, this easy German potato pancake recipe (German Kartoffelpuffer) is served at breakfast and is also a popular street food in Germany. Top with applesauce, yogurt, sour cream or even fried apples.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 - 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled, grated and squeezed dry
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the potatoes, onion, eggs, flour and salt in a bowl, Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add about 1/3 cup of the potato mixture into the pan for each potato pancake. Flatten the pancakes with a spatula.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.