Creamy Cod Chowder Recipe: Invite Friends Over for This Easy 30-Minute Fish Stew Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Add to collection
A creamy bowl of fish chowder is too good not to share with friends. This easy cod stew recipe is ready in about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds cod, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups half-and-half, whole milk or coconut milk
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add the onion, celery and carrot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, clam juice, wine, thyme, bay leaves and Old Bay seasoning. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Put the cod into the pot and cook about 6 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Pour in the half and half or coconut milk for a dairy-free chowder. Cook about 2 to 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Soup Pot $10 & Up
Old Bay Seasoning $4 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Coconut Milk $3 & Up
Clam Juice $3 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.