Creamy Cod Chowder Recipe: Grab Crusty French Bread, Wine & Invite Friends Over for This Easy Fish Stew Recipe by 30Seconds Food
A creamy bowl of fish chowder is too good not to share with friends. This easy cod stew recipe is ready in about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds cod, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups half-and-half, whole milk or coconut milk
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add the onion, celery and carrot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, clam juice, wine, thyme, bay leaves and Old Bay seasoning. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Put the cod into the pot and cook about 6 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Pour in the half and half or coconut milk for a dairy-free chowder. Cook about 2 to 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Soup Pot $10 & Up
Old Bay Seasoning $4 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Coconut Milk $3 & Up
Clam Juice $3 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.