Easy Chicken Recipe: This Chicken Pot Pie Noodles Recipe Is the Comfort Food We Need by Donna John
Creamy and filling, this easy chicken pot pie noodles recipe is the perfect comfort food. Spoon it into a bowl and grab a fork. Done.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 - 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (I cooked four chicken breasts in a skillet then shredded)
- 1 bag (10 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag (10 to 12 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables or frozen peas and carrots (I used a mixed variety with peas, carrots, corn, lima beans and green beans)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (I used more noodles than called for so used 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch salad dressing mix or 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
Here's how to make it:
Cook the egg noodles to al dente according to package directions.
If you don't have leftover chicken, season 3 to 4 chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook in olive oil until cooked through. Cool and shred.
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion, frozen vegetables and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook 1 minute more.
Pour in the chicken broth, heavy cream and dry ranch dressing or bouillon granules. Bring to a low simmer and cook about 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Combine the sauce, egg noodles and chicken.
Mix well and season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pasta Pots $10 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Egg Noodles $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Dry Ranch Dressing Mix $2 & Up
Chicken Bouillon Granules $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.