10-Minute Quick Pickled Red Onions Recipe: Put Them on Everything by Donna John
Pickled red onions add a refreshing bite to sandwiches, salads, meats, pizza, tacos – anything really. This easy pickled red onions recipe takes no time at all to make, but will reward you for a long time with its vinegary crunch.
While the pickled onions are great right away, if you have time let them sit and chill out in the refrigerator. They only get better with time.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
Here's how to make it:
- Put the sliced onions into a 1-quart jar. Pack them in tightly.
- Put the water, apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt into a small sauce pot. Bring to a simmer, stir and turn off the heat.
- Pour the hot liquid over the onions. Put the lid on the jar and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
I-Quart Jars $7 & Up
Sauce Pots $10 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.