Bet This Creamed Spinach With Eggs Recipe Will Make You Crave Breakfast for Dinner by Donna John
You're thinking about it, aren't you? Why not? This easy creamed spinach recipe with eggs is simple to make and ready in about 20 minutes. Serve it with crisp bacon, breakfast sausage and biscuits for breakfast, brunch – or breakfast for dinner.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 - 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes, for serving (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- In an ovenproof pan or cast iron skillet heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add half of the spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the heavy cream and cook until it begins to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Using a spoon, make a well in the spinach to hold each egg. Crack the eggs into each hole. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Put the skillet into a preheated 400-degree F oven until eggs are set, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Breakfast for Dinner Cookbooks $5 & Up
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.