Cajun Red Beans & Rice Patties Recipe With Creamy Creole Mustard Sauce by Donna John
Creamy red beans, rice, vegetables and Cajun seasonings combine to create a flavor-packed, hearty vegetarian meal. This easy red beans and rice patties recipe has a bold Creole mustard sauce that really makes the dish. The first bite will wow you.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's Original Cajun Seasoning)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked white rice (I used one bag of Success Boil-in-Bag Jasmine Rice)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Creole Mustard Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard (I used Zatarain's Creole Mustard)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used Hellman's Real Mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the mustard sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Put the kidney beans into a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, Cajun seasoning, egg and cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Shape into four to six patties. If you have time, pop them into the refrigerator to chill about 20 minutes (this is optional).
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Carefully add the patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Be careful when flipping the patties so they stay together.
- To serve, spoon a good amount of mustard sauce over the top and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve with Tabasco sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Potato Mashers $6 & Up
Success Boil-in-Bag Jasmine Rice $3 & Up
Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Zatarain's Creole Mustard $3 & Up
Hellman's Real Mayonnasie $3 & Up
Tabasco Sauce $2 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
Creole Mustard $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.