Cajun Red Beans & Rice Patties Recipe With Creamy Creole Mustard Sauce: A 30-Minute Dinner With That Wow Factor by Donna John
Creamy red beans, rice, veggies and Cajun seasonings combine to create a flavor-packed, hearty vegetarian meal. This easy red beans and rice patties recipe has a bold Creole mustard sauce that really makes the dish. The first bite will wow you.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's Original Cajun Seasoning)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked white rice (I used one bag of Success Boil-in-Bag Jasmine Rice)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Creole Mustard Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard (I used Zatarain's Creole Mustard)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used Hellman's Real Mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
Here's how to make it:
Combine all the mustard sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
Put the kidney beans into a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
Add the bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic, Cajun seasoning, egg and cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Shape into four to six patties. If you have time, pop them into the refrigerator to chill about 20 minutes (this is optional).
Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Carefully add the patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Be careful when flipping the patties so they stay together.
To serve, spoon a good amount of mustard sauce over the top and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve with Tabasco sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Potato Mashers $6 & Up
Success Boil-in-Bag Jasmine Rice $3 & Up
Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Zatarain's Creole Mustard $3 & Up
Hellman's Real Mayonnasie $3 & Up
Tabasco Sauce $2 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Cajun Seasoning $3 & Up
Creole Mustard $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.