Easy Cauliflower Au Gratin Casserole Recipe Uses 3 Kinds of Cheese by 30Seconds Food
Cheese lover? You're in for a real treat. Gruyere, Swiss and Parmesan work in perfect unison together in this easy cauliflower au gratin recipe.
You will not be disappointed with this divine cauliflower casserole recipe. It's so easy and delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk, half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere (divided)
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup panko (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cauliflower florets into a sauté pan and add about 1/4 of water. Cook until cauliflower is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook about 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the milk and bring to a low simmer. Cook, whisking often, until it thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat.
- Add half the Gruyere, half the Swiss cheese and all of the Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is fully incorporated.
- Put about 1/4 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 1.5-quart baking dish. Top with the cauliflower and then the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining Gruyere and Swiss cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with the panko, if using. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
1.5-Quart Baking Dishes $9 & Up
Panko $3 & Up
Nutmeg $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.