Creamy Penne Pasta Recipe With Chicken Italian Sausage, Zucchini & Mozzarella Is a Quick One-Pan Meal by Donna John
Want a delicious dinner on the table in no time? This easy penne pasta recipe with zucchini and chicken sausage is ready in less than 30 minutes. Serve this simple one-pan recipe with a Caesar salad and garlic bread for a delicious meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 pound chicken Italian sausage (casings removed if links)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the zucchini and cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the sausage in the same pan, breaking it up as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning and tomato paste. Cook about 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the 1 cup of water and cook about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and butter and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the zucchini to the pan and add the cooked pasta. Stir.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook until melted, about 2 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Penne Pasta $1 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.