Best Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe: This Easy Lime Cheesecake Recipe Is Creamy Perfection by 30Seconds Food
Move over key lime pie, there's a new key lime dessert on the radar. This easy key lime cheesecake recipe is sweet, tart and creamy and the perfect ending to dinner. And with everyone looking for green desserts for St. Patrick's Day, we think this is the perfect light dessert to enjoy after dinner this Thursday.
The creamy key lime cheesecake starts with a homemade graham cracker crust made with graham crackers, butter, granulated sugar and a pinch of salt. The tart, creamy filling is a mixture of cream cheese, granulated sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, key lime juice, lime zest and flour. The cheesecake bakes in the oven in a water bath for about 1 1/2 hours, then it's cooled and chilled.
If you can't find key lime juice in your area, regular lime juice works just fine. Be sure to squeeze the lime juice fresh for the best results. If you want a more intense green color, add a few drops of green food coloring to the batter.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 1/2 hours plus 4 hours to chill
Total Time: 2 hours and 45 minutes plus 4 hours to chill
Servings: Makes 1 cheesecake
- 1 sleeve graham crackers, crushed fine
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 tablespoons key lime juice (can substitute regular lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons flour
Here's how to make it:
- To make the crust, combine the graham crumbs, butter, sugar and salt. Press on the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased springform baking pan. (You can also just put them on the bottom of the pan as pictured.) Wrap the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil and place it in a large roasting pan.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the sour cream, vanilla, key lime juice, lime zest and flour. Stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared crust.
- Pour water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the springform pan to create a water bath.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 1 1/2 hours, or until sides are set but center still wiggles a bit. Turn the oven off, open the door to release the heat and let the cheesecake stay in the oven 1 more hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. Garnish with fresh lime slices and whipped cream.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.