Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe: This Vegetarian Stroganoff Recipe Is What to Serve on Meatless Monday by 30Seconds Food
This creamy mushroom stroganoff recipe will make you consider going vegetarian if you aren't already. Instead of mashed potatoes, you could serve it over pasta or rice. Shut your eyes vegetarians – it would also be amazing poured over a ribeye steak.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package (8 ounces) mushrooms, sliced (baby bella, cremini, button or a combination)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (can substitute chicken broth)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or vegan Worcestershire sauce
- mashed potatoes, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook about 4 minutes over medium-high heat or until soft and browned. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, heavy cream, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly and gets creamy.
- To serve, ladle into a bowl and top with a scoop of mashed potatoes. Garnish with chopped herbs.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vegetarian Cookbooks $5 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Vegan Worcestershire Sauce $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.