3-Ingredient Crème Brulee Recipe for One: Say What? This Easy Crème Brulee Recipe Will Not Disappoint by 30Seconds Food
You know those things that make you go hmmmm? This creme brulee recipe is one of them. How can three simple ingredients – one being melted vanilla ice cream – turn into a decadent, creamy dessert for one? Not sure, but it does.
Prep Time: 2 hours to chill
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Put the ice cream into a bowl and melt it in the microwave until it's liquid. Let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolk into the melted ice cream. Pour the mixture into a ramekin.
- Put the ramekin into a baking pan and create a water bath by pouring hot water until it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekin.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until set but still moving in the center. Remove from the pan of water and allow it to cool a bit before covering and chilling in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to eat, sprinkle the sugar over the top. Use a kitchen torch to melt the sugar and create a shell on top. This can also be done under a broiler, but be sure to let the crème brulee sit out of the fridge at least 30 minutes first.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.