Homemade Flour Tortillas Recipe: It Takes Less Than 30 Minutes for a Stack of Hot Flour Tortillas by 30Seconds Food
Flour tortillas are the foundation of so many recipes – from tacos to quesadillas to tortilla chips. This flour tortilla recipe will make you wonder why you've never made homemade flour tortillas before. They're so easy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes per tortilla
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups flour
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 2/3 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour in the water and oil.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients until it forms a ball of dough. If it's sticky, add a tablespoon or two more of flour.
- Knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal portions and roll them into balls. Sprinkle with a little flour.
- Using a rolling pin or tortilla press, flatten each dough into a thin circle.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Cook each tortilla for about 1 minute per side or until it begins to just brown. You could also cook them on a grill.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Tortilla Presses $10 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Rolling Pins $6 & Up
Tortilla Warmers $5 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Make 12 tortillas, cook each 1 minute per side.
12 x 2 = ... 10 ???