Simple Salmon Tacos Recipe: Light Salmon Tacos With Red Cabbage Cilantro Slaw & Chipotle Sauce by 30Seconds Food
What happens when Mediterranean meets Mexican food? This easy salmon taco recipe with cabbage and cilantro slaw and chipotle sauce. You could easily substitute leftover salmon and cut the cooking time out.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- salmon fillet (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- olive oil
Red Cabbage Cilantro Slaw
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce (here's how to save chipotles in adobo sauce for later)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
Here's how to make it:
- To make the slaw, put the cabbage, cilantro, green onion and jalapeno into a bowl. Combine the lime juice and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Add it to the cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- To make the chipotle sauce, combine all the ingredients in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salmon, put it onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with a little olive oil. Combine the chili powder, cumin and oregano. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the seasoning. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. Remove and flake into large chunks.
- To serve, fill taco shells or tortillas with some salmon, top with slaw and drizzle with the chipotle sauce. Garnish with lime wedges.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Mayonnaise $2 & Up
Chipotle in Adobo Sauce $3 & Up
Taco Shells $2 & Up
Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.