Pan-seared Steak Recipe With Creamy Herb Mushroom Gravy: Steakhouse Quality at Home in 20 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Who needs that expensive steakhouse? Elegant enough for a dinner party but easy enough for Monday night, this steak recipe with mushroom gravy has it all. Serve with rice or potatoes to soak up the flavorful gravy.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 steaks, at room temperature (ribeye, New York strip, sirloin and T-bone work well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup beef broth or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano, parsley, chives, etc.)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Cook in the hot oil until browned on both sides and cooked to your desired doneness, about 8 to 12 minutes. Remove to a plate and allow them to rest.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the fresh herbs. Serve the mushroom gravy over the steaks.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.